Mission

A good friend once said to me: "If a door opens in front of you - get off your ass and dance through it...laughing."

I'm trying, Nancy!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lilacs

What is it about fading/faded blossoms that fascinates me so?    I'm sure a therapist would have a field day analyzing my damaged psyche, but I think they have a melancholic beauty.
 Maybe they appeal to my inner Sylvia Plath.

Lilacs by lovestotravel:)
Lilacs, a photo by lovestotravel:) on Flickr.
Just so you don't think I'm a truly distubed individual and possibly a danger to society, I should point out that I also love them when they're fresh and alive.


p.s.  Don't worry re: Sylvia Plath reference.  Our oven is electric.  :-)

2 comments:

Mel150 said...

I must say, I'm not sure I see the melancholic beauty. But I'm very glad the stove is electric and I'll keep a close eye on you while you're down here. You use the gas one down here for storage, right?

Cheryl said...

Yes, not everybody's cup of tea, but there are several groups on Flickr dedicated to dead/dying flowers, so at least I'm not the only twisted person that enjoys them.
And yes, you're right about the oven in Mexico - that's where the oven mitts live, without fear of being charred.