Mission

A good friend once said to me: "If a door opens in front of you - get off your ass and dance through it...laughing."

I'm trying, Nancy!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fastest Afghan Ever

I saw this blanket hanging over the couch when we went to my sister's for Thanksgiving dinner, and I loved it! I borrowed the pattern from her, and went shopping for yarn the next afternoon.
The pattern is called Savory Salsa (U.S. spelling) Lesley made hers in a bright white with vibrant red, yellow, and orange stripes - very spicy salsa-ish. I decided that a creamy colour would look better on our cream coloured couch, so my stripes had to be more muted also; I went with mustard, pumpkin, and claret.




They are perfect in our living room.




It took me awhile to get the hang of the pattern, but once I figured it out, it just flew together. Yay, my kind of project! I kind of got lost on the last couple of lines of the pattern, so I had to improvise, but it turned out okay anyway.
I've already started on my second version. Same creamy main colour, but with royal blue, teal, and turquoise stripes for the house in Mexico.




It was supposed to be my winter project, but if it goes together as quickly as the first one, it'll be going down completed.

4 comments:

Mel150 said...

It looks fantastic in your living room! Are you doing one for down here too?

Cheryl said...

Yep, it's been a quiet weekend with Dan & Taz out of town, so I'm about a third of the way through the one for Casa del Sol.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Hi Cheryl, Can't wait for the turquoise version. You know I love me my turquoise. Okay, please share if this is crochet or knitting or?

Cheryl said...

Hey Sue, thanks for visiting. This is crocheted - if it was knitted, I would still be on line 2.
The turquoise one is actually a bit disappointing. I loved the colours in the store, but now that I'm working with them, I've kind of gone off them. Maybe I need to install fluorescent lighting in my house :)