Mission

A good friend once said to me: "If a door opens in front of you - get off your ass and dance through it...laughing."

I'm trying, Nancy!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Skyping Nancy & Pedro

Okay, that was fun!
Thank you, thank you, thank you to Melody and Carl for making it possible.  C&M took a lap-top over to our house in Mexico and invited our neighbours Nancy & Pedro over to chat with us.  Remember, these people have no electricity or running water in their home, so Skyping is like something out of the Jetsons for them.  The Skype snapshots are kinda crappy, but that doesn't matter, the important thing is seeing those smiling faces again!





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome and I only know them through you, but I understand that feeling. That was very kind of M&C. I know SKYPE has made 2 years here a lot easier. Hey we can use it from Calgary to Okotoks too ! jajajaja !

Cheryl said...

Calgary to Okotoks is definitely do-able. Dan & I have Skyped eachother from our kitchen to our living room!

Carl Scott said...

Ha, I thought you were probably taking screen-shots while they talked. Nice to see you.

Cheryl said...

Yeah, Skype makes it really easy to take screen shots, but then they hide them in a *@#%&! secret folder. It took me almost an hour to locate them. I guess you're just supposed to know to look in C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\skypepictures......Sheeesh!

Mel150 said...

That was fun for us, too- they were SO happy to see you, Pedro was simply stunned with glee. It really is Jetson stuff to be able to walk into your house, not plug anything in, turn on the laptop and enter a code and then receive a video call from Calgary. I didn't know you could take screen-shots while skyping. You also are clearly more experienced, you both wait for the delay before answering. I loved how they were teasing you about losing your Spanish when really it was the delay and the quality that made it hard to understand English too!

Cheryl said...

Ha ha. Glee is Pedro's default mode. I've never seen him without a big smile on his face.
That delay thing takes a bit of getting used to.

Carl Scott said...

You no blog no more? I have nothing to read late at night now. Me so sad.

Cheryl said...

Me got nothing to blog about lately. Me sad too.

Carl Scott said...

Stop knitting, ignore dog and husband, do fun stuff and write about it.