Mission

A good friend once said to me: "If a door opens in front of you - get off your ass and dance through it...laughing."

I'm trying, Nancy!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Felted Ballet Slippers Part 2

The knitting part was easy. I managed to complete all of the pieces with a minimum of ripping out. But seriously, does this look like a pair of shoes to you?




After blocking. No, I'm still not getting any kind of shoe vibe here.




Sewing the pieces together was painfully tedious. The yellow string is so I know which is the left foot. Hey, at least they sorta look like slippers now...




Um, slippers for a giant that is. They're just a smidge large.




I've owned this laundry bag for delicates for years, I might have even used it once. Finally found it useful.




Are you ready? You won't believe your eyes. A little bit of magic happened in the washing machine...

Ta da!!!




Okay, so they're still soaking wet (and probably will be for days), and the tabs and buttons are just balanced on top for now, (they get sewed on when they're dry), but HELLO, they're done! and they turned out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. This picture is even somewhat close to the right colour.



And the fit? Perfect!



:) :) :)

5 comments:

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Oh my word, I laughed out loud when I saw your pre felted slippers. That is hilarious. So, I have to go back and read your earlier posts on these slippers, because the finished product is gorgeous. Do you have a top loading washer? I have always wanted to try felting but haven't had the courage, which sounds so lame even as I type, LOL.

Cheryl said...

I laughed too when I tried them on. I didn't believe that those canoes would ever shrink enough, so I was amazed when they did.
Yes, I have a top load washer, although some Ravelers report using front loaders with success. Felting is the easy part, just toss 'em in and have a glass of wine while you're waiting for your newly transformed slippers to emerge.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

I want to try little purses, and may try it without a pattern. I've got the top loader and the wine, but I may need to email with a few questions.

Cheryl said...

Hey, that's a great idea! I have lots of wool left. Hmmm, I'm seeing a clutch with a triangular flap and maybe a hook & loop button...oh, the possibilities!
E-mail is ccarse@shaw.ca use it anytime, although I can't guarantee that I'll be any help.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Thanks!